Preparations for the playdate


Ken and Elisabeth go through the things of the housing cooperative. Elisabeth says:
- There is a an event in Melukylä in May… ”Open houses and gardens of Melukylä”, I think we could take part in that!
- Great idea! But our yard and house need some fixing... I can do some some renovation and painting, I’m full of spring energy!
- Excellent! I would like to concentrate on the garden!


Ken spends the next day repairing the porch. Kaarna comes home, takes a cup of hot chocolate and sits on the ground.
- This warmth is unbelievable. What an April!
- It’s going to rain next week. Grab a hammer and help me with this.


Kaarna is not very good at hammering big nails and she loses her nerves pretty soon:
- Goddamn these fucking annoying things! I’m done! You’re on your own, Ken.



 She decides to hang the hammock when Filia arrives being nosy.
- Hey Filia. Pretty day, right? Damn, this rope is too short. I need to run to the garage and get some more.


When Kaarna comes with the rope, she notices that the hammock is already attached to the tree!


 - For fuck’s sake Filia! Did you drill a stinking hook straight on the birch trunk!!!???

 - You have a bad mouth, Fllia says and grabs a chair. Kaarna is annoyed. That woman really should stay on her own side of the yard.


Elisabeth plants roses inside the greenhouse. 


She thinks that this is an insane time of a year to throw a garden event, even if the spring happens to be tremendously early!



Kaarna escapes Ken’s mania and Filia’s company to Mocambo.


- Ken is practically rebuilding the porch for the ”Open houses and gardens of Melukylä”. He’s insane. I will be hiding here, if our home is going to be full of tourists on that day! 

 


Taylor says:
- I hope some of the tourists will find their way here too. These hopeless regulars are not bringing us enough money.


And then she continues:
- We’re having live music here on that weekend! A band!
- You’re joking?
- No! It’ll be great! And you definitely should be here then!

 


Kaarna goes to Mari and after doing what they do best, she starts complaining about the upcoming event. Mari says:
- Oh yes, thanks for reminding me! I need to try my costume on!
- Costume? What do you mean?

 


Mari puts on a national costume and tells that she’s been hired to make dramatized guided tours around the rapids and the castle. Kaarna is devastated:
- Et tu, Brute! Plus that is the most unsexy outfit you have ever worn!


- I’ll be working almost all weekend. You could support me and join the tour? Now that we don’t have the Russians anymore, I’m worried that I’ll be guiding only myself. This event is a desperate attempt to get new tourists to Melukylä.
- I will be there! Hopefully it won’t be rainy! A raincoat would ruin your outfit.

 


Meanwhile at Mocambo Taylor is busy, but Muija needs her:
- Taylor! Taylor! Call an ambulance! I think this new guy has shome problemsh! He hasn’t touched hish drink but he’s schmiling!
- Muija! Besides that you’re too drunk, you’re also a moron.

 


 Taylor climbs on top of the pool table to hang some colorful lights.
- Filia, you old cunt. Stop feeding your pension to that slot machine. Go home and take Pappos Elvis with you. He’s causing problems.


 



Ken goes to see how Hector’s preparations are coming along.
- What’s with the hole?
- I’m going to make ”rosvopaisti” and serve it with Carelian pies to the tourists.



- Are you going to steal the lamb? Ken laughs.
- I’m buying one from Jussi.
- I’m definitely coming! I’ve never tasted rosvopaisti before.
 


When Ken comes home, Filia wants to speak to him:
- I need your cabin!
- My…. what….?
- The one you used when you were selling your Christmas handicrafts! Of course!
- Oh, the market stall! It’s in the basement.
- Come help me. Now.
 

Filia has a plan for the weekend of ”Open houses and gardens of Melukylä” and she wants Ken to pitch the stall on the parking area.
- I have a lot of things to sell! I can make a flea market.
- Great idea, Ken encourages and thinks that it’s about time for this hoarder to start getting rid of her dearly beloved crap.
 

Before Ken even realizes it, he finds himself being commanded by Filia. The flea market booth is not going to make the yard look any better, but Ken hasn’t got a heart to oppose Filia.
 


Suddenly the bright blue sky is full of the darkest clouds and it starts to snow! Filia grabs a horrible dress from the 80s from one of the boxes and hands it over to Ken.
- Here. Take this. It’s your size. Even though you don’t have the bosom to fill it, you can have it!
 

 


- What’s that horrible rag? And what’s the smell?
- Filia gave this dress to me and the smell definitely comes from it! I’m never going to wear it. Besides my mother used to have a dress exactly like this one. So it’s definitely a no-no!
 
 

Last night preparations. 
 

Ken cleans up the sauna and says to the spider living there:
- Sorry old friend. You need to go outside now in case some city people are afraid of the nature.