Exhibitions and fairs


 


While Ken is with the Germans, Kaarna gathers her courage and goes to meet a local artist. 



During the "Konstrundan" weekend artists all over Finland open the doors of their studios for the public. Viivi Kiiskinen is a local visual artist whose signature color is pink. 



Kaarna admires her work, and especially she loves to see the Barbie sculptures that Viivi made years ago.

(All the artwork in the photos above are made by Viivi Kiiskinen.)




Kaarna has been working hard and she has only a couple of paintings for the next year’s calendar left to do. Ken is happy:
- Excellent! But you must hurry up, so we can sell the calendars in the "Ihmeellinen Pieni Maailmaminiature market!


But Kaarne gets angry:
- Damn you Ken!!!! I have already enough pressure with the exhibition that is only three weeks away! I will not think about anything else! Calendars can wait until November!
- But I already reserved a place in the miniature market for us!


Kaarna storms out of the room theatrically and says:
- Well that’s not my problem!!!! Sell your own stuff there and leave me alone now.
- I don’t have anything to sell… I was counting on you.
- You never should.


Kaarna goes to her room, lays down on her bed and continues to talk to the shocked Ken:
- Make it a leisure trip instead of a working trip. You will have all your girl friends there anyway and you all will just be gossiping and wasting your money… you make such an ompeluseurat together!


Ken sits on the porch and thinks about the situation:
- Let’s see, I only have this much time and I’ve already promised to be in the Post every day in September. But if I sewed 10 pillow covers every night… 




- Oh wow, what a handsome bolete! And not a single worm inside!

In the evening when Ken has started to sew pillow cases, he suddenly feels a strong nausea. 


Kaarna rushes out of her room:
- Ken! Stop that disgusting noise! It sounds like you are vomi… wtf!?!


Kaarna doesn’t appreciate what she sees:
- Gross!!!! That’s a trash bin! 
- Get a bucket from the sauna… I’ll crawl on the sofa…
- Vomiting is contagious. I’ll get the bucket, but then I will stay the hell away from you!


Ken keeps vomiting all night and is exhausted. He doesn’t understand this. Where did this come from? Maybe the Universe gave him this because he took a few days off recently when Kaarna lied to his boss that he’s vomiting. This is exactly what you get when you’re being dishonest!


It’s the last day of the wonderful summer weather. The autumn starts tomorrow. 


Kaarna is not ready, even if August and September have mostly been pretty warm and sunny.


When Ken is feeling normal again, Kaarna dares to approach him. She has done some googleing:
- Your condition has nothing to do with the Universe, you hippie! Even though none of the boletes in Finland are poisonous there is one type that must be cooked really really really well or it will turn your stomach upside down. The one you ate is called foxy bolete!
- It looks just like the others! I’m never eating boletes again. Only PFIFFERLINGS from now on!


Ken has been thinking about the miniature fair Ihmeellinen Pieni Maailma and says:
- What you said about the girls’ sewing circle was actually a great idea! That is how I’m going to use the space I have rented there. I will create a place for everyone to sit down and rest, chat with friends, have a cup of tea and relax. These fairs are overwhelming and it takes all day to see everything. I always need a place to rest, when I’m a visitor in such events! Now I can have a place like that and offer the same to the others!




They both are extremely busy with the upcoming events.


Ken asks Kaarna if he could borrow her easel. Kaarna answers:
- Of course you can. What are you going to paint? You can borrow my colors too.


Ken is not going to paint anything. He just needs an A stand for the info board in his Ompeluseurat during the IhmeellinenPieniMaailma miniature fair.




With all the things to do neither of them can't even enjoy the amazing and surprising Indian Summer.


Kaarna brings the teapot that Ken has asked for and looks around:
- Where’s our sofa and coffee table?
- Already on their way to Espoo!
- Why?!??!
- I need them for my sewing circle #Keninompeluseurat at the #ihmeellinenpienimaailma miniature fair of course. Reiska was driving to the capital area and took the biggest things in his truck! So nice of him!
- Aren’t you taking this a little bit too seriously? Kaarna asks.
- Absolutely not! 
- You’re manic. When are you planning to rest?
- Maybe in October. This is so much fun.



- And where did you find this kids’ arm chair?
- It’s not for kids. I made it myself, because I want the 1:12 and 1:18 scale people to feel welcome too. Hoping to see the folks from Sössöx there and also @vaaksanheimoset! Hopefully meeting new people too and making new friends.
- You are a disgustingly social person.



- Kaarna! Come here and taste this tea!
- Huh…? Ken’s power tea?
- I made my own blend for the #keninompeluseurat


- You’re out of your mind! And new cups too… Eh, plastic and white…? Not really our style?
- I found a whole box of them at the recycling center for free!
- Why am I not surprised. They are already dirty.


- The tea tastes good, but this teabag looks like a piece of shit, Kaarna giggles.
- Then it goes nicely together with the crappy mug! Ken laughs.
- When are you leaving to Espoo?
- On Friday afternoon. Aren’t you coming? All the artwork for you exhibition is ready. You have plenty of time now.
- Nope. Hate the crowds.


The whole September has been incredible: even if October is about to start, the weather is still so warm that Ken can easily and comfortably sleep in Herbert. He just brings the bedding home every morning to prevent moisture inside the van.


Ken is really surprised to see Kaarna in the kitchen.
- It’s six o’clock! What are you doing up?



- I’m making healthy snacks for the miniature fair days.
- For me?! How nice of you! Thanks!


Kaarna says:
- Not only for you, but for us!!!!! Bacause I’m coming too! I want to see the mansion of @huurustory !!!! Why didn’t you tell me that Huuru-rouva and Piri-sisko will be there!?