Ken got Herbert back from the repair shop and says:
- I didn’t spend a thousand euros on Herbert for nothing! She has a full tank now, so we can plan a 900 km roadtrip. Where do you want to go?
- Ritva told me to do things that give me joy. I get joy from seeing ITE art and everything beautiful that’s free.
- Let’s find those places!
Ken was so excited about hitting the road that he forgot all the vegetables in the fridge! Now he has to buy new ones at a slightly expensive grocery store on the country side.
The first morning on the road is amazing! They are in no hurry so they can enjoy their porridge and morning walk peacefully.
- Looks like we’re about to have another summer day. This is life at its best, Ken rejoices.
But when they arrive at the first art stop, the sky starts pouring rain on them. The usual luck! Is anyone even surprised? But Kaarna has decided not to complain about the weather and borrows Ken’s raincoat. Jätkän Onnela is a great example of the work of an ITE artist.
They spend the rest of the day in Herbert.
- Stop going through her IG account, it’s not healthy! I have plenty of books, read something.
- I can’t concentrate on reading.
- Why the hell do I even do this van camping thing when most of the time it just sucks?! The weather is either bad or horrible, and I just want to keep on driving but I can’t afford it!!! Fuck this shit!!!
- Yay Ken! Let it all out! Fuck the universe!!!!! Fuck fuck fuckity fuck!
Kaarna still hasn’t complained about anything, and she hasn’t been at all difficult either.
- I have no interest in swimming.
- Me neither.
- This summer is horrible. I think I smell already.
- We have to wash ourselves, no matter what.
It feels really nice to be warm, clean and
relaxed after sauna.
- Ken, even Barba-what’s-her-name wants you to come swimming right now!
- Well, if she insists…
- Not much joy about snorkling in this brown and muddy pond! Visibility zero!
- Oh my lord… Wait up… I need to catch my breath…
- New body or not, you’re still getting old, Ken!
- Tomorrow we’ll find a beach first thing in the morning and do nothing all day!
- Sounds perfect! I’m beat!
- I’m not going to cry after someone who doesn’t even care about me!
- Right… So you’re going to pretend that you’re not hurt?
- Quiet! Where’s my donut?
- The sand burns me through the towel!
- Me too! Isn’t it great?!
- Yes! I had forgotten how good this feels. We deserve this already!
- And guess what? Hector says it’s below 15 degrees and raining at home! We finally have luck!
- I will only take free souvenirs from the nature on this roadtrip since all my money goes to diesel and food.
- Last summer you said you’re vegetarian and avoid bad carbs?
- Today is an exception!
- Look what I bought at Villa Royal today!
- I couldn’t help it. I really wanted to support that business in every way I could!
- For fuck’s sake where did these clouds come from?! Kaarna gets annoyed.
- I think the sky has an unstable personality disorder. So annoying! We might as well go and see that art place now.
- Let’s go… nothing to see here.
- Don’t you want to go and say hello to your old neighbors?
- No!!! Come on, let’s just go now.
- How much longer? I’m running out of money and I really must be at the post on Monday. I think we can park here over the Midsummer night, but then we must start driving towards home.
- Oh no…