Back on the road again and spotting fun things along the way.
They find a beautiful secluded place to stay for these long-awaited precious warm days. Hiking, sunbathing, swimming and relaxing! No resposibilities of any kind.
Ken is puzzled:
- How is it possible that there aren’t any mosquitos in these southern parts of Finland? Nor those smaller bastards that terrorize Melukylä.
- We can actually spend time in forests here without getting eaten alive!
- It´s because this is Nyland, the brightest pearl in the crown of Finland, Kaarna says and starts to sing out of tune:
- Uuuuusmaaa Suuoomen kruunussa on he-elmi kirkkahin…
Ken has never enjoyed picking blueberries this much! The lack of mosquitoes is mindblowing!
- Eh… I hate when you say that… I do need to hear good words, but still it makes me think that you are lying just to make me feel good.
- Aren’t we the luckiest people now? We don’t have to be in any hot city, but we can enjoy this nice breeze. Ken sighs happily.
- When do you think we have to go back home?
- I don’t want to think about that. I’m an irresponsible and smelly hippie.
- Your armpit really does smell.
- I think I will move back here, to Nyland.
- My roots are here. I belong here with these muddy lakes, gigantic oak trees, ash trees and the rolling terrain. There’s nothing for me in Melukylä. Why should I return?
- You don’t need me, Ken! You have so many friends. Hector, Selma and Olga, Tupu, Lotta… and your family! Ritva and Veli!
Ken can’t answer anything. Kaarna is free to make her own choices.
- Tack o hej, Ken says every time he leaves a shop. And every single time it makes him giggle a bit.
- I spent way too much money. The entrance fee alone was expensive, they didn’t have a discount for the unemployed people!
- No warm nights this summer for us apparently. It was 8 degrees Celsius last night. Unbelievable! In July! And the Southern and Middle Europe have been suffering of extreme heat wave and drought!
- Yes! Dolls’ houses outside on my own yard! I can make that happen! Maybe even a whole little village!
- Let’s pick our favorite rooms and then the other one has to guess it! The winner gets a shoulder massage.
- This must be your favorite. Pink, soft, cute, childish.
- Correct. Ok, my turn!
- This dead granny must be your favourite!
- Yes! It is! It’s a tie then. No massages for anyone…
- On the contrary… massages for both of us!
- Socks in sandals!!!!! Only rednecks and grannies do that!
- It’s cold! I will take the pantyhose off when it’s warmer. Are you ashamed of me?
- Partly yes…
- I hate it. The wind. It makes my head go crazy. I’m irritated and anxious. Let’s go away.
- But we must swim in the sea!
- Did you see all the goose shit on the beach?