Weak, cold and tired

- Girls! Turn off the TV and come outside! It’s a snowball weather!
- Yay! Let’s make a snowman!
But Mari is hesitating:
- That’s kids’ stuff…
- You can call it snow art and suddenly it’s grown up stuff.

Ken and Kaarna decide to build the snowman in front of the sauna. Ken is surprised when he realizes that he’s not as strong as he used to be.

 - I’m so beat! I can hardly lift the head!

It takes a while before Mari finds the spirit, but then she doesn’t want to stop.
- Do you have more candles, Ken? I want to make one more lantern!

 

In the evening the lanterns and the snowman are already partly melted, since it started to rain again. But the main thing is that everybody had a fun day together.

 - Hey Ken, will you watch Wall-E with us?
- An animated film about robots? Not really my thing, thanks.

- We have loads of chocolate! 

- Oh… in that case of course! Do I have time to make some tea also?

- Kaarna is already on it!

Kaarna comes with the tea pot and sits down. She takes off her shirt and says: 
- What’s with the heat again? Why do you keep wasting the fire wood like this? 
- I’m cold all the time.
- That´s not normal.

- Maybe you should see a doctor, Mari says and Kaarna agrees:
- Yes, check your thyroids or ferritins or whatever the hell might be trendy these days…

- Maybe I should. Let’s just watch that boring robot film now, so I can have some chocolate!
 

Before the movie ends, Ken already cries like a river:
- Bwaaaaaa waaaaaaaah!!!!!!
The girls giggle:
- Boring and cold robots. Right, Ken?
- Why did you make me watch this?! This is heartbreaking!!!!
- He’s so emotional. He cried on Stuart Little too, Kaarna whispers to Mari.


Ken makes desperate calculations.

He really needs a trip. Even a small one.

- Kaarna, maybe we could go to Estonia? The ferry is cheap and the price of a hotel room for two persons is reasonable. The weather will be as bad as here, but at least the old town of Tallinn should be worth seeing.

Kaarna is in a bad mood because of her home assignments.
- You know I can’t! I have this cocksucking shitty ass school and I’m as broke as always. Besides I’ve been to Tallinn many times. Not interested!

Ken calls Hector, who says:
- Of course I will go to Tallinn with you! Thank you for asking. I love Mom, but I really could use a break from her. I’ll check the ferry lines and hotels!

 

Ken receives a surprise gift from his German friends Clothilde and Günther.
Kaarna is anxious to see inside the box:
- What is it? Something big and fluffy and so bright yellow it hurts my eyes!
Ken reads the card:
- ”Hello Sunshine! Here is something to keep you warm.” Awww, they are always so thoughtful.

A Tweety onesie made of thick fleece fabric! And it sure is warm! It will definitely help Ken go through this winter.

Kaarna is laughing her ass off.

Actually Ken hates sweaty synthetic fibres. He doesn’t like that feeling on his skin. But when he wears his bamboo shirt and pantyhose under Tweety, the combination is heavenly.


Nobody really enjoys the meetings of the housing cooperative. All the home owners gather together to make decicions about financies and renovations.


The two men are investors who keep tennants. They are only interested in profits. The other guy complains:
- The monthly costs are too high. I have to keep the rent so high that I can’t get a tennant anymore.
- Maybe you should have saved the wood burning oven then… The price of the natural gas is taking us all into destruction, Ken snaps.
- Luckily the winter has been exceptionally warm, says Elisabet, a new home owner.


Elisabet thought she made a good deal when she bought her apartment, but then the costs started to rise without control. However she still has enthusiasm to organize things and she seems to be a normal and intelligent person. She also appears to be very diplomatic. Ken thinks that Elisabet is a saving angel.

 


Filia always attends the meetings, but she’s totally useless for the common targets. She understands hardly anything, but she’s very eager to object everything.



Ken takes the accounting documents of the housing cooperative to the bookkeeping company. 


 This time of the year the accountants are super busy. 



(The previous photos are taken in the office of Miksa-Tili Oy, where they have bookkeeper Barbies in the window.)


Ken goes to the lab for some blood tests.


 - Nice vein, says the nurse.
- Thank you! I get compliments about it also when I donate blood. Every time!


Dr. Ritva has to make sure that Ken’s head hasn’t started to reject the donated body.
- I have your lab results here and everything is perfectly fine. I can’t find any explanation on the constant shivering. How do you sleep?
- Well, but too little. It’s hard to fall asleep And I wake up at five or six even on my days off.
- I could give you something for the sleeping…
- No pills. I can still manage.
- Okay. Let me know if anything changes or you’ll get any other symptoms. Remember to exercise daily and eat healthy.

 


- I should start packing for the trip to Estonia… But my brain is too blurry to think…. zzzzzzz.
Ken is so tired after his work days that he often needs a nap, even if he’s only doing the light and easy indoor tasks at the Post.