Scary situations

- Ken?!!! Are you pregnant?!
- No. Too much candy.
- What ever happened to your quality over quantity policy?



- I forgot to mention about it to Hector. He gave me this huge suitcase and it was literally full of fudge, chocolate and punch rolls.
- Yay! I want some too!
- It WAS full. Nothing left now.

- That Hector dude is one hell of a feeder. You’ll end up on My 600lb Life. How was your Christmas other than overeating?
- It was wonderful. I was afraid that I might feel sad and lonely. But actually it was the best Christmas ever! How about yours?
- Perfect. Perfect and beautiful.



Ken tries to walk off his Christmas belly. His new amazing boots provide the much needed encouragement!

Later Kaarna finds him on the kitchen wooden sofa wearing his outdoor clothes.
- I’m so tired… I think I need a nap.
- Based on the amount of drool on your scarf I would say you already took a nap.

- Oh... I´d better get up then.

- Kaarna, stop right there! Don’t you dare touch that last piece of chocolate cake! It’s mine and I need it.
- Well sorry!!!! Do you have eyes on your back?

- It’s pretty hot in here. Why are you wasting the firewood like this?
- I’ve been freezing lately. It’s strange.
- So you’re tired and cold? Do you have fever?
- Nope.
- Can I have a bite of the cake?
- No! I said it’s mine!!!
- Calm down!
  

I miss the sun. I miss the warmth. My body is propably just rebelling against the winter. I wish I could pack this beautiful suitcase and fly away. How many years do I have to suffer until I can retire, sell the apartment and buy a camper van and say farewell to the Finnish winters? 20 years…? A lifetime… That’s depressing.

Ken asks:
- How come you have been handling the winter so well?
- I have LOVE in my life! It’s making everything look brighter!
- Well lucky you. Where’s Mari now?
- At some stupid New Year’s party.

At the unemployment office Kaarna is told that she has to pass a course about entrepreneurship before she can start getting the starting money for her business.
- Fick fuck fuckity fickity fuck!

 

It’s the first day of the course. Kaarna arrives a few minutes late, but the bubbly redhead in front of the class room welcomes her warmly and tells her to find a seat.

Kaarna instantly hates the teacher. She’s so annoyingly cheerful and her female superhero shirt makes Kaarna nauseous. She hates that type: ”We can do it! Everything is possible! Nothing will stop us! Live your dreams! Your worst enemy is in the mirror!”
And what about the size of her head! She really should pay a visit at Ritva’s clinic!
 
The last available chair is broken.
- Fuck this shit.
- You can have my chair, says a man next to Kaarna politely.
- Oh thanks! Oops… well, no, actually… thank you but this is fine, Kaarna says when she notices that the dude only has one arm. That’s enough suffering for him.
 
Everybody introduces themselves and their business ideas. There are many types of people from personal trainers to accountants. Kaarna almost vomits when she has to stand up and tell about her embarrasing drawings, but she lives to see the end of the day.
 
 
 
 Ken has been neglecting all exercise since the summer. Hector encourages him for a walk, because it’s a beautiful day.
 
Hector suggests:
- The sun reaches that island. We could walk there across the ice.
- No no no… The ice might not be strong enough. It’s been a pretty warm winter until today…
- It’s definitely strong. I’ll go first and you follow me!
- That masculine self confidence…
Ken shakes his head and Hector starts walking.
 
But after only a few steps the ice breaks under Hector and he falls into the lake! It’s shocking! Ken screams and panics! Sulo barks!
 
Hector tries to shout over Ken’s screaming:
- Calm down! You’re scaring the dog! I can feel the bottom, it’s only a waist deep here. Go back to the shore.

So Hector doesn’t drown, but Ken is really mad at him.
- I got so scared!  That was a stupid thing to do and I warned you!

- Take off the wet shoes and pants before you freeze to death.
- Ken, this isn’t a big deal. Calm down, really. My coat is mostly dry, I’m not going to die.
- Take them off! Now!

Ken gives Hector his own pants and woollen socks so Hector’s body will stay warm. They walk home and even the pink pants can’t shake Hector’s masculine self confidence. 
 
When Kaarna sees Ken and Hector, she laughs:
- This should be interesting! What the hell happened to you?!
- Nothing worth mentioning, Hector tries to say, but nothing can keep Ken from telling about the adventure.
 
Ken feels satisfied:
- Kaarna survived her first week as a student and Hector survived a near death experience. And Mari has baked Christmas tarts. Everything is perfect.
 
In the bedroom Kaarna asks:
- Were you flirting with Hector at the table?
- What?! Me? Are you jealous?
- Maybe I am. It sure looked like flirting.
- Well it wasn’t! Besides there’s nothing wrong with a little flirting.
 
Mari gets a little annoyed.
- Jealousy is such a turn-off! Don’t you trust me?!
- Hmmh…
- Look! Even if YOU cheated on your girlfriend, it doesn’t mean everybody else would do the same!!!!
- Ouch. That was mean. Let’s stop this conversation now. Sorry I brought it up.
 
The boys take care of the dishes and Hector asks:
- Did you notice how Mari was…? Was she trying to flirt with me?
- I don’t know but I did see your desperate face! Ken laughs.
- I felt like trapped! Women are so scary!
 
Ken needs to go near the fire.
- I’m so cold all the time.
- You’re too skinny. You should have asked for more muscles when you had your body transplant surgery. I’m never cold!

What I need is a warmer climate! I wish I could travel somewhere. The suitcase you gave me wants to fly far away.
- Why don’t you book a flight then?
- Impossible. The costs of the housing cooperative have risen so high that I can’t afford anything. Besides all the flights and hotels seem to be more expensive too.
 
 
Ken received some really cute fabrics from his friend and now his head is spinning with ideas of summer dresses.
 
He sews a dress and a skirt:
- I adore these fabrics! 
 

Kaarna agrees:
- Both outfits look really nice. And you only have to wait for five months before you can wear them!



Ken is suffering. He has to take the garbage bags out, but other than that he’s staying indoors, since the outdoors is doing its best to kill everybody.
- Rain in Finland… Freezing in Delhi and floods in Los Angeles. Everything is upside down.
      
 
Also Kaarna is suffering. The school takes too much of her time and she has trouble to find any motivation on the Excel shit and other crap. The stress is eating her enthusiasm about drawing and painting.