Kaarna´s misfortune

All Ken’s favorite flowers are in bloom.

 He is really enjoying the summer, while Kaarna still has to suffer in the classroom.

Elisabeth’s greenhouse is starting to look really nice. 

She’s changing the potting soil for the cacti and asks if Ken wants to have one plant on his porch.


- I’m not very good with flowers. Will you be mad if it dies here?
- It won’t die. Just don’t water it and it’ll be fine!

This morning Kaarna is horribly nervous. She has to give a presentation of her degree work to the whole class. She fears nothing more than speaking in front of people. And now it even has to be done in English! Ken wants to drive her to school and encourage her:
- You’ll be great. I know you can make it. Come on, we need to go now.

Ken has just ordered the same kind of a power bank and solar panels like @minime_doll_life has in her car, when Kaarna literally crawls home from her business course.


- Oh dear Kaarna! Did you crawl all the way?!
(No she didn’t. She just has a good sense for drama.)


Kaarna starts to cry:
- Ken, I want to die. I’m so ashamed.

- Can you tell me what happened?
- You know how I curse… and that I curse even more when I’m nervous…
- Yes, of course I know it.


- Apparently I do that in English too! All the fucks were just flying out of my mouth and I couldn’t control it!!! And when I finally managed to finish the presentation, I just run across the class room with teary eyes and hit the back wall.

Ken manages to convince Kaarna that she would feel better if she walked with Ken through the woods to Hector’s cabin and got to play with Sulo. 

Nothing comforts better than loads of big kisses from a dog.

- Do you have a new dress, Ken? I don’t remember seeing that before. It’s pretty!
- Yes! And guess what! The pattern is designed by Kaarna! We’re thinking that once she starts her business, we cou….




But suddenly a big CRASH interrupts Ken!

The old rocking chair wasn’t strong enough for playing and both Kaarna and the dog fall down. Hector rushes to help and to make sure they didn’t hurt themselves.


- No compassion!!!! No compassion!!!!! Kaarna screams.

Ken says to Hector:

- Sounds familiar, right? She’s just like me. Comforting her will only make her cry and feel worse.


But it’s too late. Hector already made Kaarna cry like a waterfall:
- I broke your rocking chair!!!! I always ruin everything!!!! I’m an asshole and a useless piece of shit!!!!
- Don’t worry about the chair. It was already here in the cabin when I inherited the place and it was shaky in the first place anyway. Besides it was too small for me. No harm done! Let’s have some tea, okay?

The local aviation and sky diving club is throwing an event. 

People can watch skydivers and different types of small planes. Maybe this will make Kaarna feel better.

Ken has been on a small plane like this before and it was fantastic. He suggests that they would do it now together. But Kaarna says:
- I can’t afford it.
- I’ll pay for the both of us!
- You can’t afford it either!
- Who cares. What we need now is a dopamine overdose!
- I’m going to throw up or faint up there…


But Kaarna neither throws up nor faints in the air. She’s not afraid. This is scary in a fun way. Ken screams a little though when the plane hits some air pockets. He’s not ready to die yet!




At home Kaarna wants to download the photos on her Macbook straight away. 

But something’s wrong. The machine won’t start.

Ken googles for help and tries all the tricks: The option key! Option + command + R!?? Option + command + R + shift!!!! But nothing helps. 

The horrible question mark keeps on flashing on the screen.

Kaarna weeps:

- I can’t live without that Omppu. It’s been my loyal friend for 14 years. And now it’s dead.
- We’ll call to Apple care first thing on Monday morning, Ken says.
- It’s dead. It can’t be fixed.
- Then we’ll get you a new laptop…



- You don’t understand! You imbecil!!! I have all the Adobe programmes from the beginning of the century!!!! With a new computer I would have to get new licences and new camera and new everything!!!!! The new computers don’t communicate with me!!!!! And who would even pay all that shit???!!! Do you have any idea how expensive it all is!!!??? I’m doomed! I can never start my own business! And there goes my hobbies as well and that’s the worst part!!!!! Fuuuuuuuuck I hate my life!!!!

 



Kaarna rushes to Mari who’s Käärijä outfit goes all wet with Kaarna’s tears and snot. 

- Just hold me… tighter!!!! my life is over!
- Let’s sit on the sofa. What happened?

When Mari hears about the situation, she says:
- I just bought a new laptop from Prisma, it was only 300 euros. I can borrow you that money for a lifetime!
- It’s a PC! I’d rather die than touch Windows!