2020 - Kaarna


It’s raining, but Kaarna is already outside when Ken arrives.


- So, ready to go? Which way do you want to drive? Ken asks.
- Anywhere, where the sun is shining, please.
- That was the right answer! Ken laughs and gives Kaarna a hug.


- Lots of pockets, white sneakers and matching style sweaters. We look like an old couple who has been together for too long!


- Freeeedoooom!!!! yells Kaarna, when Ken starts the engine.


Both of them enjoy the nature, so they drive on the small country roads and stop every now and then to admire the views.


Ken needs to rest awhile, but Kaarna is anxious to continue the journey.
- Come on now! The rain will catch us again! No time to hang around too long! Too many stops!!!! Let’s go already!


- Get up, old man! I can drive, if you’re too tired.
- You’re very grumpy! What’s wrong?


Apparently Kaarna turns to a monster when she’s hungry.


Finally some sun! Nobody’s in a hurry anymore.


- So tell me about the leaders of your cult... commune.
- I don’t know what to tell... I couldn’t get along with them. They say I have issues with authorities and I’m not capable of self relfection. I can be a very difficult person, I have burned many bridges behind me.
- Well, during our trip I will see just how difficult you are, Ken laughs.



Oops! Sometimes even two is a crowd.



Kaarna thinks she’s a terrible cook, but it’s only fair that they take turns in making dinners and lunches.



- Do we have anything for dessert?
- Nope. We’ve also ran out of bread. We need to visit the civilization tomorrow.




Evenings in the tent are cozy. Ken reads out loud about faraway places and they dream of a nomad lifestyle.



Ken and Kaarna drive to the city of Kuopio to do some grocery shopping and because there’s Ikea next door they enjoy the inexpensive yet delicious meatballs, before hitting the road again.



Some sightseeing before returning to the bushes.