The Independence Day Ball at the Presidential Castle is about to start and Ken and Kaarna are invited. Dress up, comb your hair, put on some makeup!
Suddenly Ken realizes that Kaarna is not breathing normally.
- What’s wrong?!
- I can’t do this... I don’t want to go to a stupid party... please... don’t make me go....
- Kaarna! We have been waiting for this! What’s going on now?
- Panic... attack... I’m... I... I... I can’t breathe...
- Kaarna.. get a grip on yourself now! It’s a once in a lifetime experience to get invited to the Presidential Castle!
- Here, take some oxazepam. You’ll feel better then.
Ken gives Kaarna a tranquillizer, but it seems to be too strong for her as she can’t stay up anymore.
- Ken... Don’t make me go... I can’t...
- True, you can’t. And I can’t drag you to the Castle. You have to stay here and watch it all on tv. I will wave to you if I spot the tv cameras! I really must hurry now!
Ken rushes to his car! It’s a three hour drive to Helsinki and he’s late so he has to drive like a maniac. Better hope all the policemen are at their homes enjoying a nice and quiet independence day.
He made it! He really did! Without speeding tickets, or car crashes! He’s among the last ones entering the hall and very soon he will shake hands with the president Niinistö and his wife Mrs. Haukio. Ken isn’t a fan of our president at all as he voted for another candidate, but who cares right now.
Ken is wearing his old wedding dress that he modified for this occasion with a vintage lace shawl.
Kaarna is smiling happily (that oxe... something is one fine medicine!) when she sees Ken approaching the president and shaking hands.
- My beautiful, gorgeous, sweet, perfect Ken. I love you so much! she mumbles very slowly because the drug makes everything a bit blurry.
Please follow @atelier.tea.o.rama to watch the TV broadcast of the reception at the presidential castle.
Ken is like a social butterfly talking to everyone. Suddenly he sees his old girlfriend Barbie! What a pleasant reunion.
- You haven’t changed a bit, still as beautiful as always, he compliments.
- Oh Ken, thank you. But look at you! With the touch of gray in your hair you look even more charming than before. What a silver fox you will be after a few years! Are you alone here? So am I.
- May I have this dance then? The kadettes can wait!
Meanwhile at home Kaarna has fallen asleep and is dreaming of dancing in a magical forest with Ken! There are purple flowers and snowflakes, there is music coming from the tree tops. And suddenly Ellie and Damon are dancing with them and they are surrounded by hundreds of other familiar faces from Dollstagram! The best independence day ball ever!
When Ken comes home at early hours, he finds Kaarna sleeping on the floor. There are candies all over.
- Ken! I had the most wonderful time at Ellie’s dance party. That forest was magnificent!
- What on earth are you talking about? Ken laughs.
Ken invited his loved ones to have some cake and asked them all to wear sweaters because they missed the #dollsweaterparty last weekend.
Veli has even dressed Kultu up in a warm sweater. Once again Ken feels like asking if it was time to stop carrying her ashes around, but he can’t say it out loud.
- So, do you have any siblings, Kaarna?
- I have a younger sister, much younger than me. We were really close when she was little, but we grew apart as she grew up.
Ritva joins the conversation:
- When she grew up... well I’m thinking of growing down.
- What are you saying?
- I have been a tiny adult since I was born. I want to be a kid who I never was.
While the grown ups are talking about hideous American style ugly Christmas sweaters they saw on the stores, Ritva tries to be a kid and steals a candy cane from the tree. It tastes bad, since it’s been stored for years.
- I love this color, Ken! Good choice!
- I assumed you might like blue.
- I will be just fine without a stove.
- And when you do need one, just run to my kitchen!
- Warm winter boots. What about you?
- A refrigerator and an articulated body. A white winter or a trip to Hawaii.
- Great. I’ll just buy you box of chocolates. I might afford that.
- I’m kidding. I always appreciate something handmade.
- Brrrrr I’m cold and hungry.
- Where have you been all day?!
- In the garage.
- Why? What are you doing there?
- That’s a forbidden question before Christmas! And you’re not allowed to go there before I say so.
- Ken... Ken... blood... So much blood
- What happened?!
- I cut myself... that stupid carpet knife... help me!!!!!
- Kaarna, stop being such a drama queen! It’s just a scratch! Even I can fix this myself and I’m no paramedic. I’ll just press the wound and it will close itself...
- Oh, the bleeding stopped already?
- Exciting! I can’t wait to open it! But let’s put it under the Christmas tree...
- Or better yet... let’s open it right now! I want to open mine too!
- We will survive, like the adults we are! Go on, open it! Or can I go first?! I’ll open this now!
- Are they real Lahtiset felt boots?
- Yes, handmade and pure lamb wool.
- Thank you Ken!
- I saw you drooling over @barbiesizelifeofvenla Venla’s spice rack on Instagram. I’m pretty proud of myself, just think of what I could make if I had two hands!
- Great work! It goes straight on the wall!
- Damn, it feels like the weather is turning warmer, today might be the only chance to build a snowman...
- You really are a hero, you saved the Christmas, Ken laughs.
- No thanks.
- Not even on Christmas?
- It tastes bad and makes me sleepy and my legs wabble. Also on Christmas! So no thanks! But could you pass me the water, please.
- Thank you for not ordering a Santa here, Ritva rejoices.
- We have our childhood traumas about Santa Clause and we are not going to pass them on to you!
- Here’s something from us to you.
- It’s going back to the bag, Ken. This doesn’t feel right... I will never play with these. We are going to give these to the refugee children.
- Even that penguin?!
- You can keep the penguin, Ken.