Raining cats and dogs

Sleepover at Mari’s place!
- Yay, welcome! Dinner is almost ready! Put your backpack anywhere you want! You look nervous. Are you?
- Yes.
 
- So hot in here… hey what are these?
- Handmade chocolate! They are soooo good! Taste some!
- Mmmmm thanks!
 
Kaarna is pleased to see her photos on the wall, but:
- This one is upside down.
- Oops. It looked strange in every way so…
- Right. I’ll turn it around.
 
- Kaarna! You ate almost all the chocolate!!! Is that what you call tasting?!
- Ouch. They were so delicious. I couldn’t help myself. Sorry!!!!!!
- These last two are mine then. Don’t try to touch them…
 
 

 - What are you doing? Is that a beach towel?
- Yes! I’m not going to eat only popcorn while watching a movie! I need heavy doses of chocolate. In all its forms!
- Oh… okay.

After the white sofa problem is solved with a towel cover, both girls are able to relax and enjoy the movie. Kaarna says:
- I have to admit that this ridiculously expensive machine is way better than my old telly. Brad Pitt looks even more handsome than normally!

- Handsome? He looks so old and tired these days! But look at Margot Robbie! Soooo hot!
- True… she is hot.
- Not as hot as you are though.
- Awwwww…. Sometimes you really manage to find the right words.

The next morning Kaarna wakes up feeling happy.

She gets out of bed quietly, but then she sees something she hadn’t noticed at night.
- Mari!!!!!!!!! she yells.

 - Mari!!!! Wake up!!!
- What-what-what-what-what…?
- These are cat things! What the hell?
- I bought them for Bianca.
- Who is she?!

- Bianca is the cat I bought. She’s arriving next weekend.
- Cat. Why didn’t you tell me?
- I don’t know. I didn’t think about it, or I forgot. What’s the problem?
- You never tell me anything! I want to know what goes on in your life and head.
- I’m not having this conversation now. It’s not even morning yet.
- It’s half past nine. Tell me about the cat.

 

Miss Bianca has arrived, but refuses to get out of the carrier. Mari is very impatient.
- I’m serving her favorite food! Sardines in tomato sauce. What’s keeping her so long?
- Maybe all the whiteness is hurting her eyes, Kaarna laughs but notices that Mari is not in the mood for jokes. She continues:
- Come away from the cage, let her get used to the new environment.

After a while the cat finds courage to approach the food and Mari is happy.
- Awwwww look at our baby!
- Your baby! Your own demon child, Kaarna smiles and pats Mari’s butt.
- Let’s go sit on the sofa and act normally!

- What a strange looking cat, Kaarna says.
- Bianca is a perfect example of a German Mau! She has a great family tree.
- Why did you spend a fortune on a bigheaded special breed? There are thousands of homeless regular cats waiting for adoption. And they are cheap.
- Well, why don’t you buy a cheap and regular Windows computer? Why does it always have to be Apple?
- Good point… Look, she’s about to scratch your design furniture.
      

 

- Four cups and plates!!!!! Are we having guests?!??
- I invited Hector for an afternoon tea, and he asked if he can bring someone.
- Like a date????
- I don’t know. He was very secretive about it.



- A dog!!!! Hector’s new boyfriend is a dog! Kaarna yells.
- A boyfriend? Haha! This is Sulo.

Hector tells that Sulo used to be Santtu’s dog.
- Santtu’s new spouse is really allergic to dogs so they had to give Sulo away. And since Sulo knows me well already I was the best choice.
- He’s so cute!!!!
 
Kaarna is so happy about having Sulo as a guest.
- Sulo, sit! Good boy! Yummy cheese!
- He shouldn’t be sitting on a chair, Hector says.
- Oh bollocks! In this house he’s on a holiday! Aren’t you Sulo? Yes you are! Such a good boy!
 
- Can we babysit him sometimes? Kaarna asks.
- That would be nice! Ken agrees.
- Of course, Hector promises. He knows Ken is very responsible with pets, even if Kaarna would spoil the dog into a mess.
 

Ken comes home from work and sees Kaarna.
- Hey! Where are you up to?
- I have an appointment at the unemployment office.
- Then why are you wearing my renovation pants and ugly fake fur coat?
 
 Kaarna explains:
- If I look like shit, they might think that my mental problems are worse than they really are. And they won’t force me to apply some horrible job!
- Clever! Good luck!
 
 - Maybe I have time to rake a little before the rain starts again. This darkness is already killing me and it’s not even November yet.
 
Suddenly Kaarna falls over with her bike. The pedal has come off! She has to walk the bike to the office and so she arrives late, sweaty and with teary eyes. The falling hurt her soul more than her body. She feels like an idiot in her hobo outfit.
 
- Hello Kaarna! Today we have also a social worker present, since you have been on a long sickness leave.
Kaarna thinks:
- Just perfect. A good cop and a bad cop.
 
- So now we start to think about your return to work. You are a graphic designer…
- I am not! I was! I can’t… I won’t… I…I don’t…
Kaarna doesn’t even have to fake. The conversation is about to make her throw up.
- Have you already made a CV on LinkedIn or…?
- No!!! Everything terrifies me. I would only be a burden in any advertising agency!
 

- What are your skills then? the woman continues, but the social worker (apparently the good cop) interrupts:
- Let me ask this way: What are your interests? What gives you joy?
Kaarna wants to say ”having sex and eating chocolate” but she manages to hold her tongue.
 
 
- How was your meeting?
- Don’t ask.
- Ok. Do you want to come to the woods with me and Hector? We can let Sulo run free.
- Is there hot chocolate in that thermo bottle?
- Of course.
- I’m coming!
 
Sun! It’s been weeks of darkness! Everybody’s happy now.
 
Hector and Ken talk about the ridicilous prices of fire wood. All sorts of energy forms are way too expensive now. Kaarna doesn’t want to hear about it, and luckily Sulo is happy to play with her.
- Fetch! Good boy Sulo!